Lenovo is doing well in the smartphone segment, now they have Moto too and to slap Xiaomi’s upcoming Redmi Note 3 and Huawei Honor 5x they launched K4 note but K4 note fails to do what it supposed to do. Now Lenovo is up with the Vibe 3X, same phone(4K Note) but with better specs like camera, processor so things got changed here as Snapdragon 808 is a high-end processor and comparable to Snapdragon 810 the only 3 main differences between these two are:
1. 810 supports LPDDR4 RAM, 808 stuck with LPDDR3.
2. 810 supports 2560 x 2048 pixels (4K), 808 stuck with 2560 x 1600 pixels.
3. 810 comes with Adreno 430 and 808 comes with Adreno 418.
Snapdragon 808, however, is cheaper and yet doesn’t fall far behind 810 in performance. So an average user won’t have much reason to complain about from either of the two chips. Let’s come to the pros & cons.
1. Price!! yes, it is one of the cheapest phones on the market with these specs.
2. Powered by Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 same as Nexus 5x but with downed clock rate.
3. Very simple and sleek design like little sister K4 note.
4. Dolby atmos makes it one of the best in-built speakerphone in the market. Really loud and clear.
5. Dual front speakers.
6. Full aluminum outer frame, overall good built quality.
7. Fast and accurate fingerprint scanner.
8. Powered by Wolfson 8281 DAC for audio and 3MIC noise cancellation, you get the best audio output for voice calls.
9. Stunning 13.97cm (5.5″) full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels IPS screen (Bigger the display more the productivity.) with the TheatreMax technology.
10. Radio, NFC and IR port.
11. Bundled with 2Amp fast charger, transparent back cover, screen protector and earphones.
12. Fast 3GB DDR3 RAM with 32GB Flash memory. (Faster the memory, lesser the loading and launching time of the apps)
13. Powerful 21MP camera (Sony IMX230 sensor) at the back with an f/2.0 lens and 8MP front camera.
14. An excellent output from the 3.5mm jack, all you need is a good app like poweramp and pair of good earphone. I tested it with XB70AP.
15. Big 3500 mAh high-capacity battery.
1. Heavily bloated, so many unnecessary apps some of them even can’t be removed by a normal user, you will get only ~2GB or less usable RAM for other apps. (Lenovo never thinks of user experience).
2. Not comes with the latest android, Vibe X3 will get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update March or April.
3. Dual sim but uses sim 2 slot for the MircoSD(up to 128GB) in other words it has a Hybrid sim-microsd slot.
4. Nonremovable battery.
5. No USB-C.
6. No wireless charging.
7. Selfies in night/low light becomes very noisy.
8. Poor camera settings (No flash with HDR, video setting etc).
9. No good protection(O-ring or boundary) around the camera lens.
10. Available in only one white color.
Lenovo Vibe 3X will not disappoint you when it comes to built quality, sound, camera and performance. Music lovers, photography lovers without any second thought go for it for the price tag but if budget is not an issue then there are many better options available in the market.