● The mission of Jesus was confined to the Israelites alone.
It is not true that he was sent for all mankind. Jesus expressly stated:
“I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. [Matthew 15:24]
● It may be said that he asked his disciples to teach all nations:
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost”. (Matthew 28:19)
In the light of Jesus teachings anyone may safely assert that the words “teach all nations” mostly mean that the disciples of Jesus should go to all the tribes of Israelites. The word “nation” may readily be taken as an equivalent of “tribe” in view of the testimony which the Bible itself provides.
● For example, the following verses shows that the mission of Jesus and his disciples was restricted to the tribes of Israelites:
“Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel”. (Matthew 19:28)
Jesus also said, while clarifying his mission to the Israelites:
“It is not meet to take the children’s bread and cast it to dogs”. (Matthew 15:26)
At another place Jesus instructed his disciples to avoid the Gentiles:
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel’ “. (Matthew 10:5-6)
● The apostles by their actions, showed that the message of Jesus was meant for and confined to the Jews only.
“Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen, travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only”. (Acts 11:19)
The apostles were disturbed and annoyed when they learned that Peter, on one occasion, had preached to non-Israelites.
“And when Peter was come to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, saying, Thou wentest into men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them”. (Acts 11:2-3)
Thus,it is obvious that Jesus message was not a universal message, it was concerned only with Israelites just as the prophets who came before him starting with Israel (Jacob) himself ending with Jesus.
● Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent for whole mankind unlike all other Prophets who were sent to their respective nations,clans and tribes.Their prophethood was limited to certain places/areas but the final prophethood is unlimited ,extending beyond all boundaries.
God Almighty says in the holy Quran:
“We have not sent you (O Muhammad) but as a universal (Messenger) to men giving them glad tidings and warning them but most men understand not.” (Quran: 34:28)
“Say (O Muhammad to mankind): ‘If you (really) love God then follow me (i.e. accept Islam), God will love you and forgive you your sins. And God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful…” (Quran: 3:31)