Nokia has released a software upgrade for a more immersive imaging experience. According to this post on the Nokia Conversations blog, the upgrade includes:
- A new Gallery Grid display when the phone is in landscape.
- Access to functions such as swipe, zoom, share, edit and send, when images are opened from the Gallery widget on the home screen.
- Additional information about images such as resolution, ISO value, white balance setting, file size, and (while the user is on Nokia Maps) place where the photo was taken.
- Multiple select and delete functionality in Gallery Grid Mode.
- Additional reset button in Creative Mode to undo changes made to the image.
Apart from these imaging features, the upgrade includes an updated browser (version 8.3) with improved HTML5 support, a newer and faster keyboard, and Nokia Car Mode — which allows access to key features of the phone while driving. The upgrade was rolled out on 2nd October globally, but it is not available in some regions. A separate software upgrade has also been announced for the Nokia 603, Nokia 700. and Nokia 701. This includes a faster browser and Nokia Car Mode. For details on how to upgrade your phone, visit the link above.